Later on this evening, Best Friend N and I will make our way down to the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. to watch Common, Chrisette Michele, and Maxwell perform. It will be my first time seeing all three of them live and I’m definitely looking forward to the show.
Back in July of last year, I initially posted this blog. However, since Maxwell has come out with a new album full of bangers AND because of the fact that I’m going to see him in concert tonight, why not update the list?
Here are my 15 favorite tracks by Maxwell:
15. ‘Til the Cops Come Knocking
14. Whenever, Wherever, Whatever
13. Sumthin’ Sumthin’
12. Help Somebody
9. No One
8. Drowndeep: Hula
7. Ascension (Don’t Ever Wonder)
6. Fistful of Tears
5. Luxury: Cococure
4. Bad Habits
3. This Woman’s Work
2. Pretty Wings
And my number one track by Maxwell still is…
1, Know ya…Ha Ha Know ya…Oooh, I gotta get to know ya…
I tried to go to YouTube to place the video on my page, but the record company has disabled all embedding.
What’s your list looking like?
Nice list. I dont know about putting pretty wings AND bad habits up there are number 2 and 3. You definitely forgot about Know these things, shouldnt you. One of this best songs. WWW should be higher on that list. I know that Woman’s Work is not one of his tracks but his cover of it was just too good to neglect.
As you can tell, I am a Maxwell fan. lol
Wait, he’s still performing?
1. Know these things: shouldn’t you (Haunting and he sings the hell outta it)
2. …Til the MUFUCKIN cops come knockin (C’mon. no explanation needed)
3. For lovers only (smooth. I’d like Anthony David to sing this)
4. Submerge: til we become the sun (awesome lyrics)
5. Whenever, wherever, whatever (remember him brushing his teeth in the video??)
6. Sumthin’ Sumthin’: mellow smooth mix from the Love Jones sdtk. Back when he used to wear shiny suits. lol
7. Lonely’s the only company (maaaaaaaaaaan…)
8. Let’s not play the game (One of the mainstream, upbeat tracks of his that’s a fave)
9. Welcome (“you didn’t dig my flow, but you’re still welcome” is one of the smoothest lines EVER)
10. Bad Habits (you already know)
11. Symptom Unknown (“you and I were supposed to grow old. guess it was a symptom unknown”)
12. drowndeep: hula (“Confusing as this is I hope my kiss can rectify the lack of part-time bliss and weightlessness inside your life”)
13. His unplugged version of NIN’s Closer
14. His unplugged version of Kate’s A Woman’s Work. SMH at folks still thinking he wrote the song.
15. Suitelady (’cause I wanted to get to 15, put the Maxwell playlist on shuffle, this song came on and I said “oh SHIT!”)
Yeah I totally just ambushed the comments section. lol